In addition to the ugly socks (which are probably destined for the frog pond), I have been knitting on successful projects.

Some fingerless gloves: my husband calls them hobo gloves. The pattern is Berry Hill, which I found through Ravelry. Both yarns are left-overs from other projects. The tan is alpaca and the slate blue is Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport. I am very happy with this color combination.



Next up are some socks, now finished, made from Tofutsies sock yarn I bought when I was botanizing in New Mexico a couple of summers ago. The yarn is made with soy fiber, wool, and chitin. The chitin is supposed to provide antibacterial protection. The colors pool on the leg, which is not really visible in this picture. I like the yarn, I am less happy with the pooling. This is the third pattern I tried with this yarn. Overall, I am pleased with the results.

Finally a pair of socks made with yarn I got for my birthday. If I remember correctly, the yarn is from Pagewood Farms. The pattern is called scrolls, and it is from the book, Knitting More Sensational Socks, I recieved for Christmas.

Currently I am working on another pair of socks: Blackrose from knitty. They are being knit in a rusty red sock yarn.

Comments

Popular Posts