What to do about Tidepool?


I am in need of suggestions about what to do about this particular unfinished object - do I frog or finish?

The yarn is my first experience with the much lauded "Socks that Rock" yarn in a colorway called Tidepool. The picture above is my progress of knitting socks from Knitting Vintage Socks - the pattern is Bed Socks in Lemon Pattern.

I do like the look of the spiraling colors, but do you notice how the spirals are starting to flatten out so they look more stripey? I am not too excited about that.

My biggest concerns are 1) I won't like how the color patterning changes after doing the heel and 2) This yarn would be a lot better in another pattern.

I am leaning towards playing around with different pattern stitches - maybe even making a hat or scarf from this yarn instead of socks. But I am just not able to commit to frogging it yet.

Just curious - What would you do?




Comments

Popular Posts