Around my House: The Clothes Line



My new place has a clothes line.
I love hanging my laundry out to dry.
The challenge of making sure the timing is right, of making space for everything.
The tactile feel of smoothing out the clothes, and getting them just right.
The physicality of the bending to get the garments from the basket, of clipping the clothes pins, if walking outside with a laundry basket at my hip.
The smell of the clothes when they are dry.
The knowledge that the wind and sun are doing the work of drying instead of fossil fuels.

I didn't plan my timing too well yesterday, a nap happened during prime drying time. Clothes were left on the line over night, and this morning it was threatening rain. So I had to finish up the clothes in the dryer. But it will be good to be in the habit while the weather is conducive. 

Comments

Popular Posts