Adventures Week One

It's been a week since I made my Adventures New Year's Resolution. So how have I done?

I was sick over the weekend with some viral flu-like, exhaustion feverish thing. So my plans for getting out to hike in the nice weather on Sunday were squashed. I am not 100% what I even did on Sunday. A lot of sleeping and zoning out.

But what about the Adventures!!!! Overall - I feel like I meet my goals for the week, even if being sick scaled down what I had originally planned to do.



Outdoor Adventures 
On Monday I went for a short walk at the Baker Wetlands. Since I was still feeling under the weather, I decided to go somewhere close by for my outdoor adventure.



Baking Adventures
and yes, they totally count. On Jan. 1st I made Jumble Biscuits, a Tudor-era recipe.


 I made about a dozen, and saved back the rest of the dough. Mine weren't so pretty, but they did taste good. I plan to bake up the rest of the dough next week, and then I may write a longer post just about the biscuits. I need to work on improving my food photography skills.


DnD Adventures
Also totally count - I have started going to DnD night at the new local game shop. I am meeting and interacting with new people, plus the fantasy adventures are fun. This past week, my character became friends with giant musical spiders with whom she had a jam session. She did almost die after being smashed by stone goloems. But in the end - the day was saved and she received a custom made outfit woven from giant spider silk (I still have to decide what this outfit looks like, but it hasn't been a high priority.)

Other Adventures 
Two new to me coffee shops in Lawrence - Henry's and Java Break (I may have been to both when I was in grad school, but that was over 10 years ago, so I am counting them as new). Also I visited cool shop in downtown Lawrence called Phoenix Underground Gallery 

Comments

Popular Posts