In the Garden

I have spent the last three days in complete happiness as I have been creating and planting small garden beds. I am tired and sore, my fingernails still have dirt under them (I really need to get gardening gloves, even though I do love digging my hands in the soil), but I am so excited about my plants. If we owned our house instead of renting, I would have big plans for the yard. As it is, my "garden", so far, consists of three fence-side flower beds and many containers. I have not taken pictures yet, but I wanted to make a list of what I planted (see below).

Two comments

On Thursday, I saw a hummingbird sitting on our dogwood tree by the front door. This heavily influenced my purchases towards hummingbird flowers. I also bought a feeder, and I think I will try to make other feeders throughout the summer.

One of my colleagues from school has prairie garden in which certain plants were taking over and needed weeding out. This meant free plants for me!

Fruits/Vegetables
California Wonder Sweet Bell Pepper
Strawberries – Ozark Beauty
Sweet Hungarian Banana Peppers

Flowers
Lobelia – Riviera Sky Blue
Portulaca – Sundial Mix
Upright Fuchsia (Fuchsia hybrida)
Salvias
Lady in Red Texas Sage
Pineapple Sage
Black and Blue Sage (Salvia guarantica)

Sanvitalia – Sunbini Creeping Zinnia
Euphorbia – Diamond Frost
Red Geranium
Gaura

Herbs
Scented Geranium – Fingerbowl Lemon (Pelargonium x crispum minor)
Rosemary (Rosmarinus officnalis)
Provence Lavender (Lavandula x intermedia)

Prairie Plants (and I need to look up the scientific names, which I should know)
New England Aster
Sky Blue Aster
Smooth Blazing Star
Rattlesnake Master
Coreopsis
Two other yellow composites, which I don't remember what they are nor do I recall their names just from seeing the leaves)
Purple Poppy Mallow

I love plants! I will post pictures soon.

Comments

Popular Posts