New England Tidepool Socks

Day 3/100

These socks. From a design by Nancy Bush called "New England". Being that they are from a book titled "Knitting on the Road", one would think they would make good road trip knitting.

One would think.
I thought so. 
I was wrong. 

At least for me, the large chart required for the central panel has made it difficult. It is certainly not a go-with-the-flow pattern, not a pattern I can memorize or know what to do from looking at the previous row of knitting. To me, that is what makes good road trip knitting.  (Note to self: remember, you don't like knitting off of charts) 

So the knitting of this sock is slow, two to six rounds a night. Knitting as such a glacial pace does not make for good blog fodder. However, I will keep picking away at it, and I will eventually have a pair of socks. Bonus Archimedes in today's photo to make it more interesting. 




I have also promised myself I will not start any other knitting projects until I finish one. Because, of course I have other unfinished knitting projects laying around. They languish, each project with a unique reason or excuse. I must focus on the finished project here, instead of finding a soothing process.

So..no...no starting a new knitting project until an old one is finished...of course, this only applies to knitting projects.....

Comments

Popular Posts