Starting over...100 days of creating. Days 1 and 2

Well, between traveling, visiting with my sister and her sons, and being sick, I was not able to keep up with even a few rows of knitting a day. So I am starting the 100 days over, with the goal of 100 consecutive days of spending time creating something. Originally, I thought I would also post each day, but have decided to slacken on that, and to post at least once a week.

So here we go.

Day 1/100
Knitting:  a few more rows on the New England TidePool socks.

Day 2/100  - 
Cooking: Peppered Sour Cherry and Goat Cheese Tarts



Fresh Ingredients 



Ready to go into the oven

Finished Product


A bit time consuming to make, but I wasn't in a rush, and took my time. They were delicious, if a bit rustic looking. They were all eaten after dinner. 

Here is the recipe. I couldn't find fresh or frozen sour cherries at the grocery store, so I used bing cherries and added a bit of apple cider vinegar for tartness. If I make these again, I will cut the pastry larger and add more goat cheese in each.




Comments

Popular Posts