I went to war and fell in love

This past week for spring break, I went to my first SCA "war". It was a week-long event at a campsite near Lumberton, Mississippi. Though to call it a campsite is a bit of a misnomer, as it was more like a good size village that popped up at this site - complete with battlefields, merchants, food vendors, a inn, an archery field, a dance hall and much much more.

I don't have a lot of time to write at the moment to get my thoughts and memories down on on "paper", but I plan to post throughout the week as I digest all that happened this past week. It was a more amazing experience than I expected, and that is saying something as I had heard wonderful stories about our Kingdom of Calontir at war (for my non-SCA friends and family, Calontir covers MO, KS, NE, IA, and a little itty-bitty bit of AR).







And I did fall in love - not with a single person, but with my kingdom of Calontir. Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming and accepting me as part of the group. Thank you also for making my first SCA war a terrific experience. I really look forward to hanging out with you all at future events.

CALONTIR!!!


Comments

  1. Good to hear you had such a nice time at Gulf Wars! Unfortunately I was unable to make it this year due to car troubles (boo). [*ahem* Gleann Abhann, Awe Hail!]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts