Catching up

I am behind on my Photo of the Day posts.  Between spending the Saturday shooting archery with friends (YAY!!), going on day three of vertigo (BOO!!!) and preparing for a job interview yesterday (YAY!!), I just didn't have time or energy to keep up. So today is catch up day. 


Sept. 6th - Unorganized 

Today

Our extra room - office, spare bedroom, etc. I always seem to have at least one place that never quite gets organized. Right now I am suffering from too much stuff in too little space. This was only exacerbated by having to bring home all the stuff in my office at school. 

Past

I had a hard time finding a picture that represented disorganized from my childhood, because my Mom was always so organized and neat. Somehow that gene skipped me. Instead, here is a picture that represents my Mom's love for order. Every year after finishing our back to school shopping, we would lay out our things on our bed to take a picture. We would do the same after opening presents for Christmas and Birthdays. It is a tradition I loved. I still do this sometimes, though I rarely actually take a picture.



And, yes, I had a canopy bed. You should be jealous. 



Sept. 7th - Hollow 
Today
This photo was actually taken on the 6th, as I had the days prompts confused. It isn't very inspired, but a cool photo, that represents what I was doing that day. My friend, and Bee Sister Alessandra and her hollow quiver filled with her hand-made arrows. 


Past
Another Bee Sister - Emeline, laughing as she tried to extricate herself from a hollow tree. She succeeded and both Emeline and tree were fine. 



Sept. 8th - Old Fashioned

Today
Old-Fashioned was the theme for Sept. 8th, which I find a interesting coincidence. I have been laid up with vertigo the last couple of days. I have spend my time knitting (considered old fashioned by some) watching movies and TV shows on Netflix. All of the shows I have viewed are all old-fashioned in their way. First, The Paradise, a BBC show set in Victorian Era England about the first department store. A beautiful costume drama with interesting characters. Second, movie called Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, another period drama set in England, just at the dawn of WWII. What is interesting about both of these shows, is that they center around young people set in the past. I have found it interesting to see the youth interacting and behaving as youth do, in what is a historical setting for us. In both, there are also characters who are older and "old-fashioned"

The third show is set in "modern times". It is called Midsomer Murders. The series began in 1997, and for the two episodes I have seen, is set in various English villages. The settings have been very old-fashioned. Beautiful, lush English cottages, all referred to by names like "Haven Cottage" or "Swallow House". Being set in 1997, even the modern technology  - cordless phones, computers, all look very data. It is a very good series. Made up until 2012. I look forward to watching the rest of them. 

So - my old fashioned. I have a lot of old-fashioned things around my house. I am representing them with the antique cedar chest I have in my bedroom. The cedar chest represents an old-fashioned way of storing clothing, and brings to mind the late 19th - early 20th century.  And it is beautiful. 

Past 
Old fashioned Halloween Costumes, made of cheap, thing plastic, with masks you couldn't see out of. Those were the days.  




Comments

Popular Posts